Community Activities / Classes
The following list are some of the local homeschool community activities, sports, and events that our homeschooling families enjoy. Below the homeschool activities, we also have a list of non-homeschool activities and sports in our community. (Please send new additions to the email at the bottom of this page.)
Girl Scouts: www.girlscouts-swtx.org
- Homeschool Girl Scout troop for grade levels Kinder through 8th grade (Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Cadette)
- Meets twice per month with additional weekend activities like camping
- Some levels are currently full, but email sbroglie @ satx.rr.com for availability
Art Time Party: www.arttimeparty.com
- Homeschool art classes for 6 year - 12 year olds.
- Meets at either Stone Oak Hobby Lobby on Tuesday morning or Bitters Hobby Lobby on Thursday morning
- 12 week sessions are offered each semester.
Homeschool Orchestra & Music Education" ("H.O.M.E."): [email protected], or call/text 210-867-1159
- Homeschool music classes for all ages; includes Honor Ensembles and Band
- Two locations in San Antonio and one in Corpus Christi
Cross Trail Outfitters (CTO) Bulverde: www.teamcto.org
- CTO is a Christian youth hunting and fishing club for boys aged 7 to 20 years.
- Strive to help young men build their relationship with Jesus Christ and appreciate God's great outdoors.
Nature Explorers Class at Guadalupe State Park: Parks Events Link
- Once a month homeschool nature class for 5 to 10 year olds held on Friday morning from 9am-11am; different topic each month in fall and topics repeated in the spring
- Register via email on parks event link above as spots are limited
Comal County Homeschool 4-H Groups: www.comal.agrilife.org
- Clover Buds (ages 5 - 7 years) meets monthly at the Comal County Extension Office
- Contact the Comal County Ag Extension Office at link above for more information or view their online 4-H calendar for events.
SAINTS Homeschool P.E. Class: www.chaasaintstx.com
- Meets on Tuesday afternoons from 1:00pm-4:00pm at the Bulverde Community Park
- Professional physical education program run by coaches
- Join anytime during the school year and try one free class before joining; sibling rates are available
P.E. Classes at Alamo City Sports Plex: www.alamocityallstars.com
- P.E. Classes offered on Tuesday and Thursdays for 3 hours in NE San Antonio
- $30 per month or $50 per month for family
Lifetime Fitness Homeschool Rock Climbing: Facebook Page
- Every Friday from 11am-1pm and organized by Lifetime Fitness at Hwy 281/1604
- Must RSVP the day before on Lifetime Fitness's Facebook event to secure a spot
- Ages 5 years and up; $20 for 3 sessions or $7.50 per session
San Antonio Homeschool Cross Country: Facebook Group Link
- Cross Country for Middle School and High School Students.
The following are not necessarily homeschool classes, but are activities and classes that our families enjoy in our area: (Click on name to be taken to website)
Bulverde-Spring Branch Library: Offers monthly classes and activities for students and families throughout the school year and summer.
Bulverde S.T.A.G.E. Theatre: Youth classes offered on Monday evenings per semester
Hermann Sons' Dance and Tumbling Class: Held at the Bulverde Community Center
VIP Gymnastics: Located near Hwy 46 and Hwy 281
Hill Country Karate: Check school district community education newspaper for class locations/times
New Braunfels Recreation Programs: Summer day camp options for sports and other activities
Upward Sports: Various sports in Bulverde/Spring Branch, Stone Oak, and other locations.
i9 Sports: Various youth sports programs - one day/week (practice is held right before the game)
Spring Branch Tennis Association: Also offers homeschool classes during the day
Inochi Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts: Located at Spring Branch Family Fitness.
Asah Creative Studios: Coffee shop offering art, music and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.
Bill Hill School of Music: classes in New Braunfels for drums, guitar, strings.
Sharon Wideman in New Braunfels for piano classes
Roger Wiseman teaches violin, ukulele and viola lessons at his home. He has played music for ~ 50 yrs. and really enjoys sharing his skills, experience and love for music with new students. Lessons can be scheduled by the half hour (daytime or evening). $25 per lesson. 30755 Blanco Rd., Bulverde 78163, 1-210-887-8224
* If you find a broken weblink on this page, please email us at [email protected] so we can correct it.