HCCH Participation Policies & Guidelines
When you become a member of HCCH, you agree to abide by this list of policies and guidelines that have been set by the HCCH Board. With a support group of this size, there is a need to publish a list of policies and guidelines, so all members know our group's expectations.
Please read through the list carefully and direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The HCCH Board reserves the right to edit or amend these guidelines and polices as the need arises. When the guidelines & policies are updated, all members will be notified via email.
HCCH is a Christian Support Group which is open to ALL homeschooling families by membership with children of any age. As we have many different Christian denominations represented in our group, we require our members to exercise love and understanding towards each other. Our focus is on homeschooling, but we expect Christ-like behavior from our children and each other when we are together.
- HCCH Yearly Membership runs from September 1st through August 31st.
- New members can join anytime throughout the school year at the regular membership fee.
- Members are not required to sign a Statement of Faith - we are an all-inclusive support group with a Christian emphasis.
- Must be a current member of HCCH before registering for either SAC Day or PAC Day.
- HCCH Renewal Memberships:
- Renewals are held between Aug. 1st and Sept. 30th
- Parked Account: accounts not renewed after Sept. 30th will be "parked" until membership fee is received.
- SAC Day and PAC Day: Must renew HCCH membership in spring/summer in order to register for classes for the new school year.
- Renewal invoices will be created in the spring BEFORE the new year class day/co-op registration.
- Outstanding Balances: Any outstanding financial balances must be in good standing before renewing your HCCH membership. These balances include any outstanding fees or class payments with either HCCH, SAC Day or PAC Day. (New policy added 01/20/2017)
Events, Field Trips, and Activities:
For the purpose of attending HCCH-sponsored events, member-planned events, and field trips, it is asked that all participants abide by these general guidelines:
* The HCCH Operations Board leaves the final decision and discretion to the member coordinating the event or field trip.
A common-sense approach is to be taken when attending any event or field trip planned by an HCCH member or by the HCCH Board.
NO SHOWS: If you sign-up for a field trip or event, we expect your attendance and will include your family in the headcount. If you cannot attend for any reason, you must notify the field trip coordinator immediately.
Please use respect and courtesy to those you come in contact with including member attendees, other patrons and facility employees.
Please use a sensible approach when dressing for a field trip or event. Please refrain from offensive clothing.
Please supervise and remain accountable for your children’s actions and behaviors.
Payments (or Refunds) for Events, Field Trips, and Activities:
For the purpose of payment or refund for HCCH-planned events, member-planned events, and field trips, it is asked that all participants abide by these rules.
Payment is due immediately upon sign-up for an event, field trip or activity to reserve your spot. If the invoice is not paid within 24 hours, your sign-up (tickets) will be deleted.
Paypal payments are the accepted form of payment for all sign-ups to instantly secure your spot.
Full refunds will only be offered to families if the field trip or event was cancelled by HCCH or the original date was changed by HCCH for any reason.
Partial refunds MAY be given (less Paypal fees) only if another family can use the tickets, such as in the case of a waiting list. In the case where no other families are available to use the tickets, refunds may not be issued.
If you need to cancel your tickets for any reason, you are welcome to sell or give your tickets to another HCCH family by advertising using our website forum or Facebook group. Please notify the event organizer of the family change in a timely manner.
Message Board and Facebook Group:
For the purpose of posting on the HCCH Message Board and Facebook Group, it is asked that members abide by these general guidelines.
Postings on the HCCH Message Board and Facebook Group are open and available to all current HCCH members.
All posts must be encouraging and must be relevant to the forum topic in which they are posted.
Discussions that are negative in nature -- tearing down instead of building up -- are not welcome.
If a discussion is making you uncomfortable, please contact one of our HCCH board members or forum moderators right away as we may not yet be aware of the situation.
The HCCH Board and forum moderators have the authority to edit, move or delete any post that it feels violates the rules posted above.
Businesses and Classifieds:
HCCH welcomes our members to post information on our website about their businesses and/or classified ads using the following rules.
Classified Ad postings for personal items can be made in the Classifieds section of our website or in the Facebook Group.
Homeschool items for sale may also be posted on the message board under the "Homeschool Topic" forum or on the Facebook Group.
Members may ONLY post information about their businesses in the Member Business Directory at this time. At this time, we do allow business postings on our Facebook Group, but the board reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
Member Directory and Privacy:
HCCH considers our member privacy a primary importance. The membership directory is a very valuable tool to help connect our homeschooling families to each other. Please abide by these policies when using the membership directory:
The membership directory shall remain private and may only be used for personal communication between member families.
A member's personal information may not be shared with anyone outside of this group.
Spamming of a member's personal emails is never allowed either for personal or business purposes.
The HCCH Board has the authority to notify any member who violates these rules and may ban a member from the group who is in repeat violation.